Monday, September 23, 2013

You’ve Got the Look

The perfect gown, is a MUST for your perfect day.  Purchasing your gown is one of the most important decision you’ll make. 

Several months ago we showed various gown types from the classic princess gown to the sleeker mermaid fit.  Although the gown type is important, picking the right gown is also about the right material, the right color, the right embellishments and the right head piece.  This should be a fun experience for you and those who join you. 

There are so many types of fabrics for gowns.  The most popular and my absolute favorite is silk.  Some other great fabrics are satin, taffeta, chiffon and organza.

Sareh Nouri's Sophie Gown Silk Organza
Spring 2013 Collection
Sareh Nouri Trunk Show at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa
There are so many colors to choose from.  Although you have a lot of brides still choosing the traditional white, there has been an increase in ivory, blush (as the new white) champagne, gold and for the bolder bride, Vera Wang’s collections in black and even red are definitely show stoppers.
  
Vera Wang Katarina - Spring 2013 Collection
Vera Wang June Fall 2012 Collection
                        
Embellishments can range from crystals (of course my favorite), lace, and even flowers.  Any of these elements can give your gown a totally different feel.

Sareh Nouri's Soraya Gown Crystal Bodice
Spring 2013 Collection
Sareh Nouri Trunk Show at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa
And lastly, you have to have the right head piece, whether it is a long or short veil, with or without blusher, a hat, a flower, fancy hair pins/barrettes or even no head wear.


The key is to try on various types of gowns until you find the right one that feels good for you.  Little did I know when I got married 5 years ago I would be walking down the aisle in a strapless, princess gown.  I was so not the princess type.  I tried on every other type and then the bridal attendant said “try this one.” Voila! I was in love. 



I always tell my brides, when you find the right gown, it is a feeling you've never had before.  I can often tell by their movement in the dress and the look in their eyes.


Happy Dress Shopping!