Monday, September 02, 2013

Holiday Weddings: The Good, The Bad, and The Beautiful

Happy Labor Day!  Are you thinking about planning your wedding around a special holiday? Do you think the holiday will take all eyes off you?

Let me reassure you that nothing can take away from YOUR special day.  When I planned my wedding during Labor Day weekend, that was the farthest thing from my mind.

Over the next few Mondays we’ll share some ideas on how to incorporate the holiday theme into your florals, ceremony and reception, stationary, and even photos.

I chose to start this series of posts today because five years ago this season I had my wedding Labor Day weekend and married the love of my life. I still get Goosebumps thinking about our wonderful day. Go #teambowers!





So what is the good and bad of having a holiday wedding?

THE GOOD
· More guests may attend due to time off from work
· More travel allotted for your guests
· Venue may already be decorated for the holiday
· Sunday wedding may be less expensive

THE BAD
· Pricing may be a little more for vendors/venues, as well as, hotel and airfare
· Guests may have planned vacations or family reunions
· Businesses may be closed
· Heavier traffic both air and highways

Holiday weddings have pros and cons but the key is good planning. Once you've decided your date you may want to contact those guests that must be at your wedding to ensure they don’t have any plans. You will then want to send out save the date cards 6-8 months prior to event so your guest can properly plan.

THE BEAUTIFUL
Overall holiday weddings can be a wonderful and joyous experience.  I sure did have a blast at mine and have had several clients voice the same because of having many more family and friends present because it was during the holiday....which is a beautiful thing.