Thursday, January 31, 2013

What Do You Do?


What do you do when your bride calls at 9:00pm, the night before the wedding, and requests a cake topper that resembles her and the groom?

Need I mention that the couple is interracial and the bride is African-American with blonde hair.
Where in the world are you going to find a cake-topper that resembles that?!

Well, you don't panic.  You ask if she is sure and then go to work.  When I was faced with this challenge, I rushed to Michael's crafting store and made it through the doors just before they closed. I grabbed a bride/groom topper, paint and brushes and the I went to work.


The next day the couple was so excited; they were in awe of the fact that I had actually pulled it off.  First of all, God heard prayers LOL After I kicked into my "breathing life into their dreams" attitude and focused on the little details, it turned out to be a success.  I am definitely not an artist but it turned out perfectly for this couple.