Thursday, July 18, 2013

Honoring Those That Can't Be With You


Many of our couples have very special loved ones who have passed and they hold a very special place in their hearts.  More often than not, they want to make them apart of their special day. What is the best way to have them remembered as a part of the ceremony, while still keeping the mood light?

I too have had this scenario at my wedding.  My husband's father whom he adored, and my grandmother and son whom I adored was no longer with us. So we used candles to honor them:

Purchase candles and get a ribbon with your color scheme, wrap it around the candle and add the name tag with the honored person's name.  The candles can be lit prior to the ceremony or can be lit as a part of the ceremony.

For one of my brides who's mother passed, I used a picture of her mother and slid it into her bouquet.  That way, her mother was still able to symbolically walk down the aisle with her.

The passing of a loved one is a sensitive subject, but there are many ways to honor them.

Erika