Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Making Your Wedding Memorable

You've dreamt about your wedding for months.  You've been busy planning every detail.  When I consult with my couples, my question is, "What do you want from your wedding day?"  Some say an awesome band, great food and awesome decor . . . . But I want my guests to walk away from my wedding saying that there was something about my day that was different.  So I put my thinking cap and begin to think of making their day most memorable.  Here are some ideas:

1. Just Dance: You can put a song name on the back of the table number and when that son he plays, everyone from that table has to get up and dance.  How fun would that be? And it ensures that everybody gets up at least for one song.

2. Food Truck: After the guests have danced and parties, have a food truck outside as they leave to get a snack for the road.

3. Converse For the Groomsmen:  How cool? It would show up really nicely in a photo.

4. Greeters at the Door: Often times guest come and they do not know which direction to go.  Designate someone who is not in your wedding to be your greeter; have them make friendly conversation with your guests.  This will make them feel very comfortable.